This seminar provides participants with an introductory understanding of the wide range of disability access and universal design considerations that must be addressed in planning, design, development and upgrade of major commercial developments. This includes:
- An introduction to the principles of universal design
- An overview of relevant access legislation and Australian Standards
- The differences between universal design and access
- Practical perspectives relating to access barriers and solutions
- Access Checklist for Commercial Developments.
The seminar highlights the wide range of challenges that are experienced by people with various access issues in utilising buildings and facilities. This includes mobility, vision, hearing, intellectual and cognitive issues.
The seminar importantly provides a practical framework for understanding the principles of Universal Design as well as relevant legislation including the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, the Disability (Access to Premises – Buildings) Standards 2010. The seminar identifies the key access elements to consider in buildings and facilities. CPD certificates are provided. 2 hour seminar. Seminar Cost: $220.00 per participant.
Locations and Dates:
- Sydney: 27 July 2018 (2pm – 4pm)
Alternatively download the registration form and return via email.