This course is for professionals who wish to undertake Livable Housing Australia (LHA) Design Guideline Assessments, to confirm that designs or as – built structures, comply with the LHA Design Guidelines.
Many housing developments are required to comply with the LHA Design Guidelines, any only registered LHA Assessors can confirm compliance and issue the LHA Quality Mark.
Anyone can attend the course, however only specified professionals that meet relevant prerequisites can undertake the online, open book exam and become Registered LHA Design Guideline Assessors.
The LHA Design Guidelines provide the opportunity for many designers, developers and accommodation providers to expand their markets by building houses and apartments that can offer long term homes for the whole community, regardless of age, ability or changing life circumstances.
The LHA Guidelines are called up by a variety of governments and organisations that have recognised the benefits of this inclusive approach to housing.
The demand for LHA Certification is expanding at a rapid rate and the need for LHA Design Guideline Assessors is in high demand.
LHA strongly encourages uptake of the guidelines in all new housing developments and upgrades across Australia and provides training through the Access Institute for people interested in becoming LHA Registered Assessors.
Locations and Dates:
- Sydney: 5 February 2020, 1pm – 4pm, Portside Centre, 207 Kent Street
- Gold Coast: 10 February 2020, 1pm – 4pm, 6 Lawson Street, Southport
- Melbourne: 5 March 2020, 1pm – 4pm, 369 Royal Pde, Parkville
- Brisbane: 1 April 2020, 1pm – 4pm, 66 Ernest Street, South Brisbane
- Coffs Harbour: 6 April 2020, 1pm – 4pm, ex Coffs, Vernon Street
- Perth: 29 April 2020, 1pm -4pm, 140 Royal Street, East Perth
- Adelaide: 26 May 2020, 1pm – 4pm, Mercure Grosvenor Hotel, 125 North Terrace