Become an LHA Guideline Assessor
This course is for professionals who want to undertake LHA or SDA Assessments and confirm compliance with these.
Developments that are required to meet the Livable Housing Australia (LHA) Design Guidelines, as well as Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) design categories (under the National Disability Insurance Scheme) must comply with the LHA Design Guidelines. The only person that can confirm compliance and issue the LHA Quality Mark is an LHA Registered Assessor. They must complete this course and successfully pass the on line test.
The Livable Housing Design Guidelines provide the opportunity for many designers, developers and accommodation providers to expand their markets by building houses and apartments that can offer long term homes for the whole community, regardless of age, ability or changing life circumstances.
The LHA Guidelines are also being called up by a variety of governments and organisations that have recognised the benefits of this inclusive approach to housing.
The demand for LHA and SDA Certification is expanding at a rapid rate and the need for LHA Design Guideline Assessors is rapidly rising.
LHA strongly encourages uptake of the guidelines in all new housing developments and upgrades across Australia and provides training through the Access Institute for people interested in becoming LHA Registered Assessors.
The course is also open to anyone with an interest in the LHA Design Guidelines to gain further knowledge of these. 3 hour Course.
Locations and Dates:
- Sydney: 8 October 2018 9am – 12pm, 207 Kent Street – fully subscribed
- Perth: 24 October 2018 9am – 12pm, 140 Royal Street, East Perth
- Brisbane: 30 October 2018 1.00pm – 4.00pm, 66 Ernest Street, South Brisbane – fully subscribed
- Melbourne: 9 November 2018 10.45am – 1.45pm, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville
- Launceston: 13 November 2018 9am – 12pm, 29 Cameron Street
- Hobart: 23 November 2018 9am – 12pm, 7 Elizabeth Street
- Melbourne: 21 February 2019, 9am – 12pm, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville
- Brisbane: 5 March 2019, 9am – 12pm
- Sydney: 10 April 2019, 9am – 12pm, 207 Kent Street
- Perth: 24 July 2019, 9am – 12pm