This course is for professionals who wish to undertake Specialist Disability Accommodation Design Standard (SDA) Assessments, to confirm that Designs or Final-as-built structures, comply with the SDA Design Standard. It is also beneficial for people wishing to gain a better understanding of the SDA Design Standard, regardless of their intention to become an assessor.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funds accommodation options for eligible people living with a disability, through the SDA program. SDA incorporates 4 design categories that must be met for SDA to be enrolled with NDIS. For enrolment to occur, dwellings must be assessed for compliance by an Accredited SDA Assessor.
Anyone can attend the course and undertake the online exam, however only Specified Professionals that meet relevant prerequisites can become Accredited SDA Assessors.
The Accredited SDA Assessor Course Information Handbook, on this website, details the specified professional prerequisites for each of the following professions, that have been determined by NDIS as eligible to become Accredited SDA Assessors. These are Architects, Building Surveyors, Access Consultants and Occupational Therapists.
Course Fee: $650.00 (plus GST) per person includes all course materials and catering.
Locations and Dates:
- Melbourne 4 February 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 369 Royal Parade Parkville
- Gold Coast 19 February 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 6 Lawson Street, Southport
- Sydney 26 February 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 207 Kent Street
- Melbourne 4 March 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 369 Royal Parade Parkville
- Brisbane 2 April 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 66 Ernest Street, South Brisbane
- Coffs Harbour 7 April 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, Vernon Street
- Melbourne 21 April 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 369 Royal Parade Parkville
- Perth 30 April 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 140 Royal Street, East Perth
- Sydney 12 May 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 207 Kent Street
- Adelaide 27 May 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 125 North Terrace
- Sydney 9 June 2020, 9.00am – 4.30pm, 207 Kent Street